Free Filipino Recipes, Filipino food Recipes, Fruit Salad Recipe

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Green Chicken Curry

Hi guys I know it's been a long decade again I didn't update all of you about the new recipes I encountered in the resources like magazine, books, TV shows and from the chef itself. I will not promise you again that I will really update this pinoy delicacies blog of mine but I will do my best to share with you the pinoy recipes.

And now I will share to you the Green Chicken Curry recipe by: Chef Narciso De La Cruz who’s working in Lotus One, Convention Tower, DWTC, Dubai. I found the recipe in Friday Magazine, for the week of 20th -26th of this month. I’m really proud to be a Pinoy because I do believe that Pinoy is very talented in all assets. Just like Chef Narciso his working in one of the well known hotel here in Dubai. So long for that I know your excited to cook the Green Chicken Curry here is the ingredients and the method how to cook.

Ingredients

  • 30 ml oil
  • 10 grams garlic, finely chopped
  • 10 grams ginger, finely chopped
  • 250 grams boneless chicken thigh meat, cut into small strips
  • 20 grams Thai green curry paste
  • 1 long red chili, seeded
  • 3 Thai round eggplants, quartered
  • 30 grams bamboo shoots
  • 400 ml coconut milk
  • Fish sauce, freshly-ground black pepper, lemon juice and coarsely chopped fresh corainder, to taste

Procedure

  • Heat oil in a saucepan, add garlic, ginger, and chicken.
  • Saute for about 2 minutes.
  • Remove chicken and keep aside.
  • To the same pan, add green curry paste and saute for a minute.
  • Add eggplant and coconut milk.
  • Let it cook on a simmer till a thick sauce forms.
  • Now add the bamboo shoots, chili, lemon juice and return the chicken to the gravy.
  • Season with fish sauce and pepper.
  • Garnish with coriander and serve hot with steamed rice.
Photos of Chef Narciso De La Cruz

No comments: